Monday, November 5, 2012

Find the 10 digit Number

A ten digit number which have all the digits from 0-9 only once in some combination.  The number is divisible by 10, if the digits of the number are removed one at a time from the right the number remaining is divisible by 9,8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1. Find the ten digit number.

3 comments:

  1. Venki,

    If I understand your question

    abcdefghij where j=0 as it is divisible by 10.

    if we remove J & I the number (abcdefgh) should be divisible by 9, and keep removing the numbers in the end you should hid the divisible until 1.


    Did i got the question correctly>

    ReplyDelete
  2. if we remove J the number (abcdefgh) should be divisible by 9; Removal of J & I should result in divisible by 8....

    and keep removing the numbers in the end you should hid the divisible until 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you are correct:
    abcdefghij%10==0,abcdefghi%9==0,abcdefgh%8==0,....,abc%3==0,ab%2==0.

    ReplyDelete

Followers